The Appointed Group Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Data Controller
The Appointed Group Ltd is the data controller for any personal information you supply to us in relation to enquiries about our products, services and when registering as a client or candidate.
Our full registered address is:
The Appointed Group Ltd
28 Rutland Square
Telephone Number: 0131 235 2548.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we collect
The Appointed Group Ltd may collect your personal and sensitive personal data such as your name, address, date of birth, contact details, e-mail address and sensitive personal information obtained from your CV such as criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
What we use your information for
First and foremost, we will use the data you have supplied to help you obtain the best service for you. We also require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: –
We may use the information to improve our services to you.
- To contact you via email, SMS or phone, about vacancies that we believe you may be interested in.
- Maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website as a client or candidate.
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we believe may be suitable for you.
- To send your information to clients for potential jobs or to assess suitability for the role. We will obtain verbal consent before presenting your details to a client.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific roles or to subscribe to our job alerts which we believe may be of interest to you.Where you have consented, we will directly market products and services, and advice you of any updates to our services.
- Where we do so you will be able to unsubscribe at any time from receiving any further communications from us.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, specials or other information (which we think you may find interesting) using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal references checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills test.
- These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as The Appointed Group Ltd.
- To trusted third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as The Appointed Group Ltd.
The personal and sensitive personal information you provide us may be sent to clients and third parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will take reasonable steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so by law.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your data for as long as there is either a statutory requirement for us to do so or to be able to provide a service to you. This will usually require us to retain your personal data after any business relationship has ended for accounts and records purposes and to deal with any account support questions.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Your rights to your information
You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time. This may affect the services we are able to supply you.
Where The Appointed Group Ltd is the data controller you are entitled to the following subject to some legal exemptions:
- Request a copy of the personal information of which you are the data subject
- To have any inaccuracies corrected
- To have your personal data erased
- To place restrictions on us processing your data
- To object to processing
- To request your data to be ported (data portability)
For more information on your rights please visit the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you would like a copy please submit your request in writing to:
The Appointed Group Ltd
28 Rutland Square
If you have any questions about this policy or your personal information then please contact The Appointed Group Ltd on 0131 235 2548.
Ethical Standards & Integrity Code Of Practice
- Establish, maintain and develop business relationships based on confidence, trust and respect.
- Exhibit and role model professional and personal integrity and honesty at all times.
- Demonstrate and promote sensitivity for the customs, practices, culture and personal beliefs of others.
- Champion employment and business practices that promote equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion and support human rights and dignity.
- Safeguard all confidential, commercially sensitive and personal data acquired as a result of business relationships and not use it for personal advantage or the benefit or detriment of third parties.
- Demonstrate and promote fair and reasonable standards in the treatment of people who are operating within their sphere of influence.
- Challenge others if they suspect unlawful or unethical conduct or behaviour, taking action as appropriate.
- Ensure that our professional judgement is not compromised nor could be perceived as being compromised because of bias, or the undue influence of others.
Environmental & Sustainability Policy
The Appointed Group are committed to becoming more environmentally conscious.
We are working with our partners and stakeholders on our approach to sustainability across all our activities, recognising our environmental impact and carbon footprint.
Anti-slavery And Human Trafficking Policy 2018
1. POLICY STATEMENT
1.1 Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. It takes various forms, such as slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking, all of which have in common the deprivation of a person’s liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain. We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and we are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our own business or in any of our supply chains.
1.2 We are also committed to ensuring there is transparency in our own business and in our approach to tackling modern slavery throughout our supply chains, consistent with our disclosure obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015. We expect the same high standards from all of our contractors, suppliers and other business partners, and as part of our contracting processes, we include specific prohibitions against the use of forced, compulsory or trafficked labour, or anyone held in slavery or servitude, whether adults or children, and we expect that our suppliers will hold their own suppliers to the same high standards.
1.3 This policy applies to all persons working for us or on our behalf in any capacity, including external consultants, third-party representatives and business partners.
2.COMPLIANCE WITH THE POLICY
2.1 You must ensure that you read, understand and comply with this policy.
2.2 The prevention, detection and reporting of modern slavery in any part of our business or supply chains is the responsibility of all those working for us or under our control. You are required to avoid any activity that might lead to, or suggest, a breach of this policy.
2.3 If you believe or suspect a breach of this policy has occurred or that it may occur you must notify the Managing Director as soon as possible. You should note that where appropriate, and with the welfare and safety of local workers as a priority, we will give support and guidance to our suppliers to help them address coercive, abusive and exploitative work practices in their own business and supply chains.
2.4 We aim to encourage openness and will support anyone who raises genuine concerns in good faith under this policy, even if they turn out to be mistaken. We are committed to ensuring no one suffers any detrimental treatment as a result of reporting in good faith their suspicion that modern slavery of whatever form is or may be taking place in any part of our own business or in any of our supply chains. Detrimental treatment includes dismissal, disciplinary action, threats or other unfavourable treatment connected with raising a concern. If you believe that you have suffered any such treatment, you should inform your manager immediately. If the matter is not remedied, and you are an employee, you should raise it formally using our Grievance Procedure.
3. COMMUNICATION AND AWARENESS OF THIS POLICY
3.1 Our zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery must be communicated to all suppliers, contractors and business partners at the outset of our business relationship with them and reinforced as appropriate thereafter.
4. BREACHES OF THIS POLICY
4.1 Anyone working for us who breaches this policy will face disciplinary action, which could result in dismissal for misconduct or gross misconduct.
4.2 We may terminate our relationship with other individuals and organisations working on our behalf if they breach this policy.
The Appointed Group Ltd (company number SC596226)
Registered Address same as postal address
28 Rutland Square